Morris' party

News and events stories related to Central NJ community.
ellenr

Morris' party

Post by ellenr »

Hi all,
I heard Morris' party is Dec 6?
What is the time and the number of his house?

This will be my first, but I've heard Morris's party is not to be missed!

True that some people wear their fancy duds?

And it is a potluck?

Thanks,
ellen
Morris Kafka

Morris's Party

Post by Morris Kafka »

Hi All!

In response to the inquiry my event is at 6 PM on Saturday Dec. 6th at 123 Livingston Ave. (corner of Suydam St. aka Wisteria Hall). The house is from 1889 and has a great old fashioned environment. People are welcome to wear formal attire, but casual is fine too. Because it is an open house & pot luck I don't recommend anything that might be damaged by enjoying all the food!

We will be providing hot spiced cider, coffee, tea, pies and holiday cheer. Most years there is a very generous variety of offerings.

Please bring an easy to serve favorite appetizer, entre, dessert or beverage. A note indicating if it is vegetarian or not as well as if it contains nuts or other allergens is most helpful to the guests.

Alcoholic beverages can create problems for hosts so if you bring them please present them directly to the host for serving later in the evening after any young folks have left.

Set up for this event begins at 4:30 PM and because it can be busy we are asking for people who have some time to contribute to set up, serving or clean up to please contact me ahead of time.

Well behaved, supervised children are welcome. No smoking on the premises.

This event is a co-op pot luck as well as a holiday kick off party for the local 2nd Ward Neighborhood Block Club & Crime Watch (I'm current President) which has been holding a party in December nearly 30 years. (web link is http://www.swnb.netfirms.com/ for more info.) or call 732-247-4966.

Looking forward to seeing everyone! Morris
Danielle Geist

Post by Danielle Geist »

egads! we are but neighbors! I live in the Brunswick Arms apartment complex. Alas I will be in PA for the evening for a family christmas party, but I was wondering how late your festivities go? It would be quite horrible to come home and have just missed it right next door!

Also, I am interested to know more about Wisteria Hall. Specifically who lives on what floors since I saw a naked man in the upstairs kitchen a few weeks ago while I was taking the stairs. :oops: