Offer: books on Zen and Buddhism. I have no use for them.

Discuss whatever's on your mind!
Jenn Smith

Offer: books on Zen and Buddhism. I have no use for them.

Post by Jenn Smith »

Ok so here I am sitting on a collection of books about Buddhism, mostly Zen. They were collected at a time I was interested, and I'm hoping to find a recipient who could use them all, possibly a new student to Zen and/or Buddhism. It's been several years since I even glanced at one of them, and it's time to let them go. I do remember feeling like it's hard to shell out for texts that teachers recommend, so I wish to help out anyone who might be starting. There are 11 titles. They are worn and some are stained. I'm not prone to highlighting, underlining or dogearing. But bear in mind I was a young mother at the time, so they did come with me to the beach, the kiddie pool in the yard, etc. Most are completely fine, but in particular the Shunryu Suzuki ones have some water marks and creases. If you're looking for stuff to look good on your shelf, this ain't it. If you want to learn about Zen meditation and it's supporting belief system, this is more than you will need to become an advanced practitioner. (In fact, it's my opinion that the Suzuki sh*t is ALL you need but that's a matter of debate.)

What I ask is that you be interested in taking all of these books off my hands. If you're not interested in exploring Zen, please leave this collection for someone who is. If we pick apart the titles, the collection becomes less useful. I'd rather hang onto them than see that happen.

Titles and authors listed below in no particular order.

Best,
Jenn

Hardcore Zen Brad Warner (Hardcore bassist from Zero Defex & Dementia 13, turned monster movie maker shares his experience)
The One Who Is Not Busy Darlene Cohen
The Path of Compassion (Collected writings by Robert Aitken and others, on social justice activism and Buddhism) Fred Eppesteiner
Against the Stream Noah Levine (Punk ethos as it relates to Buddhism)
Dharma Punx Noah Levine
The Places That Scare You Pema Chodron
An Introduction to Buddhism (despite its title, actually quite comprehensive) Peter Harvey
The Diamond Sutra text and commentaries Red Pine
Dharma Family Treasures (Collected writings on parenting from Buddhist perspective) Sandy Eastok
Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind Shunryu Suzuki
Branching Streams Flow in the Darkness Shunryu Suzuki
oops, forgot to edit that signature when i separated from the Board of Directors! Jenn Smith Mullen - NOT your Board Secretary. @hurricane_jenn