Food for Body, Mind and Breath : eternal Tradition

Anything you find on the Web that you'd like everyone to know about.
maakali

Food for Body, Mind and Breath : eternal Tradition

Post by maakali »

Dear members

Food is not only what we generally talk about and offer to our belly but there is food for mind and breath too.
There must be a balance and synergy of all three if we want to remain healthy, and with Harmony and Happiness.
if we eat the best natural food but always eat in agitated state of mind, it turns into most dangerous food and poision, according to Ancient science of Life ( Ayurveda) and Yoga.
You eat simple and raw food in a fit of anger and /or stress, it becomes troublesome not only to the body but also to mind.

Prana is that food that goes through breath into our whole body. But regulation of Prana is essential not only simply breathing alone. Do you know a horse breathes about 35 breaths/min and lives for 10-12 years. A turtle breaths about 3-5 breaths/min and lives for 100-150 years.
and what about all of us

I want queries and wisdoms of others before i like to begin the series that would help all of us to appreciate the wisdoms

Wish you all HEALTH, HARMONY AND HAPPINESS
Acharya Girish Jha
www.shreyasyoga.com
ellenr

Post by ellenr »

Hello,
Very interesting.
I am a Sikh and a follower of Yogi Bhajan (Kundalini Yoga master and teacher).

Yogi Bhajan teaches exactly the same thing you said, that as we slow down our breath, the longer we will live.
Later, I will look for some specific info from him and post it.

regards,
ellen
maakali

Post by maakali »

Dear
The eternal tradition of India is the mother ofall teachings that entered into the world.
Remember the teachings are eternal in nature passed onto many saints and masters who offered the wisdom of prana as the carrier of breath.
i am simple instrument of my Mentor from Himalayas and offering you the same applied teaching here
Thanks for your feedback

Acharya Girish Jha