Long time Co-op member, New Brunswick local, passes

News and events stories related to Central NJ community.
Morris Kafka

Long time Co-op member, New Brunswick local, passes

Post by Morris Kafka »

I regret to pass the news along that long time George St. Co-op participant Christopher Robin Fletcher, 48, of Baldwin St., New Brunswick passed away on June 29th, 2012. Robin first become a Co-op member during the 1980s when she was in college and served as a co-manager of the co-op during the 1990s. Always passionate about access to healthy food Robin had helped plant community gardens and was most recently active in the raw milk campaign.

Robin had lived in New Brunswick for three decades. She graduated Rutger College in 1989 with a degree in Comparative Literature. She was a talented seamstress and was employed for a number of years at White Lotus Futon, later working managing residential rental properties. Robin was known for her creativity; she played the recorder, drums and guitar, enjoyed interior decorating and gardening and was talented in caligraphy as well as creating art in various media.

While I am not acting in any official capacity Robin was my friend for over 25 years. I feel compelled to share the news here since it has been a month already and some people do not know. The above I've shared from my own memory (I apologize for any inaccuracies).

Her mother is currently working on writing a full obituary and discussing preliminaries for a memorial service to be held in NJ. Friends of Robin's who can assist with creating a memorial event or wish to attend and those who may have images or facts to add to the obituary or memorial are asked to please contact me. Thank You, my condolences to the mourners. Morris Kafka m.kafka@verizon.net