Freecycle!

News and events stories related to Central NJ community.
John Leary
Hardcore Co-op Volunteer

Freecycle!

Post by John Leary »

Everyone should know about Freecycle!

Freecycle is a worldwide network of mailing lists, each centered on a different geographical area, and each devoted to exchanging worthwhile stuff for free. Exchanging money is outlawed on Freecycle -- no joke.

So basically, if you have something in your house that's no longer useful to you, but it still works, you now have a much better option than throwing it away: Post it to Freecycle and find somebody to give it to.

Conversely, if you're looking for something, you can ask for it on your local Freecycle list and quite possibly get it for free. People have furnished their whole houses with Freecycle goods!

To learn more about the concept, and to find your local Freecycle groups, go to http://www.freecycle.org .

We have two really good Freecycle groups in the New Brunswick area: Freecycle Rutgers U Hub, and Freecycle Middlesex County. The latter group is extremely lively, with dozens of things given away each day.

Enjoy!
Pandora Scooter

I Love Freecycle!

Post by Pandora Scooter »

I had a display case that I wanted to get rid of quickly. I took a picture of it, posted it on freecycle in the morning and THAT evening a couple came to take it away! It was so easy and it felt great knowing that it was going to someone who really wanted it.
Power to the Peaceful and Love to All.