Game for Volunteers/Staff

Discuss whatever's on your mind!
Nora Devlin

Game for Volunteers/Staff

Post by Nora Devlin »

Hey All,

This post is meant specifically for the volunteers (or staff) at the co-op.

As most of the volunteers know already, I'm Nora Devlin, a member of the volunteer coordination team at the co-op. I have been working on trying to come up with some cool ideas that would help the volunteers get to know each other better and one thought I had would be to play a game.

I don't know how many of you have heard of assassin, but that's what I was thinking we could do.

Basically, the way it works is anyone who wants to would sign up with me. I would then take everyone's names who signed up and assign people with a "target" that they need to assassinate. Let's say I had John Leary. When the game starts, I would have a certain number of days in which I would need to "kill" John Leary (we would define kill, but for now, let's say I'd have to poke him with a carrot). If I do not "kill" him within the specified amount of time, I would be out, and forfeit my target to someone still in the game. If I did manage to kill him, then I would take his target, and then try to kill them, and so on. All the while, I am trying to evade assassination by whoever has me.

The fun in this game is that you're always on guard (which makes for funny situations) and you get to know a lot about the other people playing, because you have to meet up with them somehow, without them knowing, and get them ;). For that reason, I think it'd be a good thing to play among the volunteers, to help us get to know one another better and build a sense of community among us.

If you are interested in this, then I will try to arrange it and make it happen. I think it would be a great thing to do over the summer, but I know a lot of the Rutgers students are gone then, so if we had enough interest from all you RU students, maybe we could do it early fall (late August, early September).

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any other ideas! I think it would be super fun, but I'm open to any and all suggestions, too!

Thanks for your help!

Nora