any leads on a good gynecologist?

Discuss whatever's on your mind!
Jenn Smith

any leads on a good gynecologist?

Post by Jenn Smith »

i'm firing my gynecologist, and i'm tired of the trial-and-error method of selecting doctors. word of mouth also hasn't served me well, actually, because i selected my obstetrician that way and the birth was horrid. the women who gave that doctor rave reviews, turns out, actually like the pat-on-the-head, paternal approach.

i do not. i prefer the informed consent, respect for your patient approach.

if anyone here knows a gynecologist with a mindset that jives with mine, i would be very appreciative for the name.

thanks.
oops, forgot to edit that signature when i separated from the Board of Directors! Jenn Smith Mullen - NOT your Board Secretary. @hurricane_jenn
Rich Menashe

Re: any leads on a good gynecologist?

Post by Rich Menashe »

I don't like mayonnaise unless it' home made do you-
depends on what you are looking for-
i utilize herbal, nutritional and bio-identical approaches to help work with women's issues.
call if you want more info-
Richard B Menashe, D.O.
Jenn Smith

Post by Jenn Smith »

yes, i realized as i was posting that it's really impossible to say for sure who would be good for any particular person, but i figured this would be a good place to take a shot in the dark.

thank you for the response.
oops, forgot to edit that signature when i separated from the Board of Directors! Jenn Smith Mullen - NOT your Board Secretary. @hurricane_jenn
ellenr

Post by ellenr »

Hi.
It is logical to think this forum would be a good place to post that question- but this board is very inactive.
I wonder if anyone has an interest in compiling a list of referrals - of medical people, alternative practitioners, etc. -
maybe in the newsletter?
Or posting the question on the bulletin board in the store?

What is the best way to reach the co-opers?

If I was looking for a health practitioner I would certainly value the input of co-opers - who to a greater or lesser extent - share my views toward health.

ellen