Compost.

Discuss whatever's on your mind!
conley

Compost.

Post by conley »

So for some time now Jimmy has been taking our compost for us and although he gets around, he is only one man.

Will anyone else be willing to help us continue to compost by stopping by the coop around closing time (m-f 8pm) & (weekends 630ish) and take it.

He is away right now so we need someone asap.

The compost is put into buckets with lids for you,
and you can bring the empty ones next day!

Allot of folks claim that it is our responsibility to compost, but the ratio of the amount we have and the amount of people helping is greatly uneven.

Please instead of replying to this topic, just call (732.247.8280)

Thank You,
Coop
akosua

Post by akosua »

Hi Mike,

I can definately help the Coop out. I can pick up the compost, tomorrow.
I can pick it up after my shift on Saturdays.

All the best.

Akosua
conley

Compost.

Post by conley »

Ok cool,

What we are looking for is someone to somehow coordinate with jimmy or anyone else picking up the compost so that we always have someone picking it up at least every other day. Everyday is best though. This may even become a member worker position/shift in the future, or at least i think it should.
Rich Menashe

compost solutions

Post by Rich Menashe »

great idea-
how about a note in the forum and the news letter-
rich
ellenr

Post by ellenr »

I do think you should let people know.
It's a little late in the season, but I know people who in my garden group who would have jumped at the opportunity.

I will pass the word on to them right now.

The number provided is of the co-op. Are you sure that there will be someone at that number who will know about compost?

I used to pick up compost now and then, then a few years ago Janet had said the co-op would no longer keep compst, and that was the last I knew.

thanks,
ellen
conley

Compost

Post by conley »

i just want to clarify because im not sure i did in past posts. this is not ready to use compost. it is the discarded compostable produce and such, that the store unfortunately generates quite a bit of.

and we need help with dealing with it, so it does not end up in a landfill.
i dont know why there is not a compost pickup in the city as i figure it would just create more jobs for the city. possibly something better they can spend money on other than segways for the meter maids...
(not as much of an investment i suppose)

sorry for the rant. and i hope those interested are not discouraged by the news that the composting has not yet occurred... :/

thank you