Silk Soymilk Packaging Scam

Discuss whatever's on your mind!
ellenr

Silk Soymilk Packaging Scam

Post by ellenr »

The following is a post from the Organic Consumers Asso web forum, so- true or not I don't know.
But for people who try to avoid GM food, they might want to check it out further.

"The OCA web forum is an online community of like-minded people sharing thoughts about the wide variety of topics you regularly read about in Organic Bytes or on the OCA website. The web forum now has over 4,500 members and nearly 10,000 posts. One of those recent posts was from a user named Tedalan:

"I was very involved in the creation of Silk Organic Soymilk when it was first designed and manufactured. Steve Demos was very committed to Silk being Non-GMO, Organic and Vegan. Suddenly, when buying Silk at Whole Foods, I discovered that none of the Silk flavors in half gallon containers were certified organic. The cartons look exactly the same as before with the exception/removal of the USDA Organic Seal and the word "organic" before soybeans in the nutritional panel. This is a very sneaky way for a manufacturer to discontinue Non-GMO Organic soybeans in the manufacture of their product. I also wonder why Whole Foods continues to sell this product without a warning sign."
ellenr

more on this

Post by ellenr »

John Leary
Hardcore Co-op Volunteer

Post by John Leary »

I've forwarded this on to the Product Committee. Ellen, thanks as always for your attention and dedication.
Pandora Scooter

thank you

Post by Pandora Scooter »

I look forward to finding out more about this. I use SILK almost every day. <sigh> Didn't even think about the lack of the word "organic." Damn.

Thank you, Ellen.
Power to the Peaceful and Love to All.