Lemon Balm plants, free to good home

Discuss whatever's on your mind!
eriko.girl

Lemon Balm plants, free to good home

Post by eriko.girl »

Hello:
I have an abundance of lemon balm plants that need a good home. Easy to grow - similar to mint in its prolific nature. Very tasty in tea.

Let me know if you're interested and we can make arrangements to pick up at the co-op.

Green Blessings,
Eriko
DianaM

Yes! :D

Post by DianaM »

I always like new plants, and would be happy to take one. Just let me know what it requires to grow, and how I would receive it (big pot, little pot, no pot, etc.) I am not going to be working at the co-op for a few weeks, but I'm in New Brunswick at Rutgers so I can pop by almost any time. Just let me know when you're able to drop it off! :D
- Diana
Melissa Morgan
Location: New York New Jersey NYC New Brunswick.. New Fits Me.

Post by Melissa Morgan »

Hi
I've really been wanting a plant for my room for a while now. I'm always around but could you tell me a little more about getting the plant also? I'll google care instructions to make sure I can provide everything it needs before giving you a definite yes.
Thanks for this!!

Melissa
ellenr

Post by ellenr »

Hi,
If there are any left - I would love one!
I used to have it in my garden - it is a wonderful plant.

Let me know - I can come to the Coop any time.
thanks,
ellen
eriko.girl

Post by eriko.girl »

Hello:
I happen to be stopping by the co-op on Wednesday 4/8, at around 6 pm. I can bring the plants then.

They are going to be in whatever recycled containers i have handy - most likely will be in cut-down 2 liter soda bottles. They'll be fine in there for a couple of weeks but would be happiest if they're transplanted/kept outdoors as soon as possible.

I've never tried to keep on of these indoors, although I'd imagine it could be done if you got enough light. It's a very hardy plant!

Let me know if that's good for you all.

Green blessings,
Eriko
DianaM

Pick-Up

Post by DianaM »

That is fine for me. I will stop by the Co-Op that afternoon, or in the next day or two at most. Where will you be leaving the plants?
- Diana
ellenr

Post by ellenr »

Hi,
I will be there Thurs to get.
Can you say how many plants you're leaving, and can the others say how many they want-
That way, if I'm the last person to pick up, if 3 were left, I'd take them, but not unless I know the others have picked up theirs.

Thanks!

ellen
eriko.girl

Post by eriko.girl »

Hello all:
I will be leaving 4 plants at the co-op today, 4/8. I'm not sure where I'll be leaving them - I'm sort of new to the co-op, so I don't know what's best. I guess I'll check with the staff there to see what's best and then I'll post here.

The plants will be labeled with what they are. If for some reason anyone who said that they wanted one, ends up not getting one on this go-around - I do have a few more at home. My traveling capacity today was limited by how many containers I had available. :-)

Green Blessings,
Eriko
DianaM

Post by DianaM »

I took one. Left the big one for the person who wanted more plants. I read online that the plants are quite prolific growers. :D
Melissa Morgan

Post by Melissa Morgan »

I'll stop by this evening (Thursday) to pick one up.

I'm going to be keeping mine indoors in my window, I'm going to have to figure something out while it's still too chilly to keep the window open. Are there any care tips you've found useful for these plants?

Thanks so much.
ellenr

Post by ellenr »

Where in the Co-op are the plants?

Melissa, like most herbs, this one wants as much sun as possible. One thing that helps, if possible, is to raise or remove the window screen. this will result in a lot more sun getting thru.
And if you can have it outside for a couple hours a day, so much the better.
But if you can't do either of these things, not to worry.
It will survive.
As someone said, these are hardy and prolific. If planted outside they will spread.
to some this is a drawback, but to me - not. They have a wonderful scent.

ellen
eriko.girl

Post by eriko.girl »

Hello:
There are 4 plants at the co-op now. The person behind the register put them upstairs in the stock room for safe keeping.

Enjoy!

Green Blessings,
Eriko
DianaM

Post by DianaM »

There are now 3 there. I took one yesterday evening. :D It's quite cute, thank you so much! Today I'm getting it a real pot.

Can you tell me if you've harvested it at any point to use it as an herb? I've read online about it but I'm curious to hear from someone who has had it. Thanks!
- Diana
ellenr

Post by ellenr »

Got mine.
Thanks, Eriko!

I'll give it a good home. :)

ellen
Melissa Morgan

Post by Melissa Morgan »

Picked mine up last night. I love it!!!
I have to admit I fell in love with the big one lol, sorry guys. I'm going to try to find the perfect pot for her this weekend.
Thanks again!
DianaM

I took one, I love it!

Post by DianaM »

I was wondering if you have more you need to give away? I have room for one more, if you're still looking to give some away. :D
- Diana
Melissa Morgan

Post by Melissa Morgan »

HELP!!
my plant isn't doing well at all.. nearly half of the stems have died and i don't know what's wrong. it has enough water, it's been getting all the sunlight it can on these cloudy days... am i missing something?
it has little bugs in the soil but i figured those were parts of the package. and ive removed a few minicricket looking bugs that settled under the leaves to molt..
any advice? how is everyone else's plant doing?
ellenr

Post by ellenr »

mine is doing well, but it is outdoors.
I don't do well with plants inside, so I'm sorry - I have no advice for you.
Is there any way you can keep it outside?
ellenr

Diana,

Post by ellenr »

I can give you some lemon balm.
e-mail me and I'll send you my number.