We have four discount tiers, with your discount based on your participation in the Co-op.
- Non-Working Member – members who do not volunteer get a basic 5% discount on all store purchases.
- Monthly Working Member – work 2 hours per month and you’ll get a 8% discount on all store purchases.
- Weekly Working Member – work 8 hours per month (average 2 per week) and you’ll get a 15% discount on all store purchases.
- Super Worker – work 24 scheduled hours in our store per month (average 6 per week) and you’ll get a 25% discount on all store purchases!
To better serve our many Co-op families, we offer a special “household” membership. With a household membership, one Co-op account is shared among two or three housemates. All of these household members get the same discount, and any one of them can volunteer in the Co-op to increase the discount level for all.
Most importantly, household membership costs less than multiple individual memberships would. You can share the wealth with your housemates, and save money at the same time!
Please talk to our staff if you’re interested in learning more.
Other Benefits of Membership
Besides discounts, members of the George Street Co-op receive lots of great benefits:
- Pride of ownership - let your voice be heard by voting on store policies and leadership
- Potlucks and other community events
- Senior Citizen discounts every day
- Discount programs with area merchants
- Special order products you need — buy in bulk and save even more
- Health and educational programs
- Meeting place for friends and neighbors
- Monthly newsletter and calendar
- Belonging to a vibrant, diverse group of people who care about their bodies and their world