George Street Co-op is looking to add an enthusiastic, self-motivated Floor Manager to our team. We are a non-profit natural foods store owned and run by our members. We sell vegetarian foods with the greatest nutritional value possible, and with only minimal processing or additives. If you're sincerely interested in working to improve other people's lives, and your own, we look forward to meeting you!
- Maintain clean, organized stock on the store shelves.
- Maintain correct signage and pricing throughout the store.
- Provide friendly, efficient customer service, including advice on product selections.
- Maintain financial accountability for all store transactions.
- Oversee a diverse corps of volunteer workers, making the most of their skills while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic work environment.
- Ensure fresh and appealing displays by checking codes, rotating products, and removing out-of-date products.
- Maintain a safe, clean working environment.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Perform all duties assigned by the Store Manager, delegating as appropriate.
- Conversational Spanish.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to operate a cash register — or be ready to train quickly!
- Basic computer experience (including experience with Office apps).
- A passion for health and nutrition.
- Desire to learn about healthy foods and other health-related products.
- Ability to set goals and motivate workers to achieve them.
- Ability to multitask while leading a diverse team.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 25lbs, and to push and pull weighted carts.
- Weekend and/or weeknight availability.
Interested in applying? Ask for an employment application at the front counter, or download one here. (Please do not call the store for more information, as our staff needs to stay focused on customer needs.)
George Street Co-op is a place for people who value healthy foods, a healthy planet, and cooperation. We are an equal opportunity employer.